EASTER DINNER - LEG OF LAMB
1 Tsp salt - 1/2 Tsp black pepper
1 Tsp seasoned salt - 1/2 Tsp dried marjoram
1/4 dried mustard- 1/8 dried cardamom
5 lbs whole leg of lamb - 1/2 Tsp dried thyme
1 orange peel cut into slivers - fresh mint/garnish
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C)
2. In a small, mix together salt, pepper, seasoned salt, marjoram, mustard and cardamom. Rub spice mixture over lamb.
3. Cut 16 deep slits into roast. Insert thyme and a sliver of orange peel into each slit.
4. Place lamb fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan with Rack.
5. Insert meat thermometer in center of thickest portion of meat.
6. Roast lamb in preheated oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
7. Meat is medium done when a meat thermometer registers 175 degrees F. and is well done at 180 degrees F.
8. Remove meat thermometer. Place roast on a warm serving platter.
9. Garnish platter with fresh mint.